Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail notification LG G5

Herr_der_Qual
I'm a participant level 2

Hey everyone,

Hope someone can help me stop this minor but extremely irritating thing. When I get a voice mail, previously it would show up in my messages as from "18" but now, it's on my SIM Card, I just want to know how to stop it from going to my SIM because it is driving me mental. 

**Edited to add label

8 REPLIES 8

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Herr_der_Qual Welcome to the community!

Are you saying when you receive a voicemail the next notification gets stored on the SIM card instead of the phone? How long now has this been happening and did you install any new apps before the problems started?

Herr_der_Qual
All of my text messages are stored correctly, just voice mail texts are stored on my SIM and it's been that way since I got this new phone.

Hey Herr_der_Qual!

Welcome to the Community!

I haven't been able to find any information about how to change where your notifications are being stored however I was able to find a thread where another customer was experincing a similar situation and I think that their discussion would help you out. Check it out here.

Let us know how it goes! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys, I'm an LG G3 user here, and having the exact same problem.  Now, I'm using the Android Messages app instead of the factory messaging app, its a one off, if I open the text right from the banner, it opens normally in the messages app, if I ignore it or close it and open the messages app, the message goes away and moves to my sim card messages, i can still retreive and delete it but its kind of annoying, the part of the app that reads messages from sim card has limited functionality than the one that reads normal messages, anyways if I find out I will let u know

@Anonymous since you are using an app I can relate to I just tested this on my wife's S6 using the Android messenger. I called left a VM go the notification and its just like all the other text messages. If open the app then go to settings ->Advance -> SIM card messages I can see a copy of the notification there in fact I can see copies of VM notifications all the way back to July 5 the good news is i'm able to delete it.

It appears when you get a VM a copy gets stored on the SIM what I can't figure out is why. It could be its because the VM is attached to the SIM so if you put the SIM in another phone you will get the VM notification to let you know there is a VM there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kapable-K, yes, using an app for text messages but it even happened when I used the stock app built in, and it even happened on my old Samsung Android too, tho I will NEVER use samsung again, I'm sticking to LG buddy.

PapaSmurf204
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Never going back to Samsung? Really? I bought TWO LG phones this past year, and have been severely disappointed. I bought one a few years ago that was supposed to be good, returned it within a day or two.

The one I have now has already been sent back to the factory for a new motherboard, and that apparently happens on their phones a lot. With Samsung, I was never disappointed until the S6, but they improved the S7 after. I will never go back to LG after this phone breaks down again. 

Honestly, even the Samsung phones that I replace because they broke STILL WORK. The LG phone I have (G5) was messing up on me within days, until it bricked and gave me nothing but a black screen.

The only thing that actually bugs me with Samsung is their usage of Samsung accounts. I lost a lot of memo notes which were very difficult to access, while a few did not upload before I lost it, whereas when using the stock android memo apps it is seamless to upload to new devices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news guys, the problem looks like it was not related to Fido, because obviously fido does not manufacturer the handsets they just sell them, but after an upgrade to the latest version of Android Messages, It seems to have solved itself. YAY