cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE

Lorenzo1000
I'm a contributor level 2

Why doesn't VOLTE work on the LG G% on FIDO?  There's no excuse for it not to work. FIDO and Rogers want to charge premium prices but then refuse to enable services that are available on any other network. 

**Edited to add label

9 REPLIES 9

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Lorenzo1000!

To be able to use VoLTE you must have the follow creteria: 

- A LTE SIM card

- Both the caller and receiver are within the LTE coverage area

- VoLTE compatible device ( Must have updated software with VoLTE )

As this moment, the LG G5 ( as we don't carry the LG G% Tongue )  is not compatible with VoLTE but we're looking into adding the feature in the future. Smiley

Lorenzo1000

The LG G5 is compatible with Volte. The option to turn it on is in the settings section in the phone app. You just haven't bothered to enable it. Why is that?

Hey @Lorenzo1000! Just checked and the LG G5 is compatible with VoLTE. At this moment, the feature is only available on Fido devices. It may not work if you're using an unlocked phone.

Jeagerjaques
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

For sure , even i am using a unlocked iphone 6s, wifi calling crashes sometime. My roommate iphone works well, even on airplane mode and turn wifi on, but not on my iphone 

Lorenzo1000

So it won't work on a rogers phone then despite the fact that you are essentially the same company using the same network? Wth?

Although Rogers and Fido are sister companies, the device runs on Fido's software. At this moment, only Fido phones are compatible with the VoLTE feature.

Lorenzo1000

Ridiculous for so many reasons if true, just for software development costs. Why would you run separate software for the same network?  Another big Fido/Rogers fumble.  And guess who loses out - your customers again. Angry

Thanks for the feedback @Lorenzo1000, I'll forward it to the team in charge of this. 

I'll need to get back to you about this, i'll let you know when I have an answer. Smiley