Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB CHARGING PORT FLEX CABLE

GALAXYS4
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi all,

I'm nearly 100% certain that my USB Charging Port Flex Cable needs to be replaced on my S4, which of course I purchased from FIDO.  I know this is the problem because of the charging issues I'm having.  The model number would therefore be SG-i337m.  

I am finding these replacement cables all over the internet with the same model number, but without the "m" on the end and they claim they are the phones sold by Sprint.

Can somebody tell me if the part will fit the FIDO S4 phone?  If so I will purchase the part to fix the phone but don't want to do so until I'm 100% sure. 

Thanks in advance!

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

GALAXYS4

The FIDO phone model number is SGH-i337m...just wanted to fix my typo.

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
The Samsung S4, regardless of specific model, charges through a generic Mirco USB cable, meaning any cable you buy regardless of brand you should be able to charge your phone.

If your phone is having charging problems here are a few possible cause.

Your magnetic flip case's magnets are misaligned and cause your phone's screen to turn on and off, draining the battery.

You used a different charger like a computer usb port which is insufficient for charging, it will charge, but slow. S4 uses a 2A charger.

Your port connection on your phone is either dirty or loose from extended use. If it is indeed loose your phone is towards its end of shelf life, you can buy an accessory and switch to wireless charging.

Lastly, how long did you have your S4? if almost 2 years it means your battery is dying. Buy a new battery and your phone will be as good as new.

Hope this helps

GALAXYS4

Hi Wufai,

You have basically given me the most professional answer there is!

I know my battery is definately dieing.  The phone was purchased on the release date in Canada, so it's less than 2 months shy of 2 years old.  Regardless, I'm not giving up on it.  I'm buying a new phone and I have purchased teh USB charging port flex cable.  I'm changing both in the hopes that my phone gets rejuvenated.  The cable cost around $12 with shipping.

Since FIDO is likely to charge a ridiculous price for it's S6, being likely more than the rest of its competitors, I will likely stick with this phone for a while yet.

Thanks again!

GALAXYS4

I meant I don't want to buy a new phone...

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Ok alright I understand what you mean by a port flex cable now. You want to replace the enture usb adapter assembly right?

There are youtube video instructions on how to do it. I think you can do it, but first try the new battery and NEW usb cable first. your issue can be as simple as a faulty battery or usb wire.

Also try connecting your S4 to the computer and transfer some files. If you can transfer files I doubt the port flex cable is the issue.

If you determine the port flex cable is the cause but got cold feet in replacing. an alternative is to go with Qi wireless charging. For $20 on ebay you can get the charging unit and charging pad so you can bypass the usb port altogether.

I'm still betting its the battery.

Good luck!

That's a really good question GALAXYS4,

Can anyone on the community lend a hand?