cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP/SIP blocked

ColtonE
I'm a participant level 2

I'm unable to use SIP over UDP on fido with my tablet device.  This has been going on for about 6 months.  More recently I've noticed that ALL UDP traffic is blocked on my fido device.  What gives?  Is this in the terms of service?  This seems like an extraordinary & anticompetitive measure.  

4 REPLIES 4

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @ColtonE  At least a link stayed from gen. Support to here 🙂

Sweet!

What tablet are you using?

UDP over encrypted or not?

Have you sucesafully made contact via Fido network UAC to UAS in the past?

Cheers!

Quoted from Wikipedia..

The user agent client (UAC) sends SIP requests. The user agent server (UAS) receives requests and returns a SIP response. Unlike other network protocols that fix the roles of client and server, e.g., in HTTP, in which a web browser only acts as a client, and never as a server, SIP requires both peers to implement both roles. The roles of UAC and UAS only last for the duration of a SIP transaction.[

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ColtonE,

Are you using your own router or just the Fido modem? What do you have your firewall settings set to on the modem? 

ColtonE

I'm glad a moderator could take the time to move a network/policy issue from support to phone/devices.  This problem is certainly related to to the fact that I need a phone/device in order to access the fido network but it is more specifically related to the fact that the network is blocking specific traffic.

Hello ColtonE,

Welcome to the community!

You could please clarify whether you're having issues via Wifi (ie Fido Home Internet) or mobile data? If it's the latter, it could be related to the APN settings (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers