cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet purchase issue

Calgaryboy
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all.   Been a happy Did I customer for years.  From Calgary.  My wife convinced me to join as she has been a customer for 5 years.

Bought a certified used Apple iPad 7 last week.  Works fine.  Used to be a computer tech and managed a store selling certified used laptops.  I know that most times it's items bought and returned in weeks so basically brand new.

Well here's the problem.  Fido advertised it with a detachable keyboard and stylist.  Showed pictures too on the ad when I bought it.  Pics have been removed but in the feature section it still lists them.

Fido refuses to honour their own ad.  I've complained a few times and I get told "features are not what you get"

False advertising completely.  I'm furious!  

What can I do to make this mess right?  I'm in a contract for my phone so I just can't leave them and I am generally happy with their service.

Very frustrating!!!!!!!

Thanks all!

Bill L

1 REPLY 1

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Calgaryboy,

I think you miss understand the ad, the Ipad does not come with a detachable keyboard or stylus/pencil. Those are listed under features which means it capable of using those items. If you look under the technical specifications it lists what is included in the box. (Comes With: iPad, Lightning to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter)

iPad 7.png