cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Freedom to Fido

RisingPhoenix13
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I used to be a Fido customer before I switched over to Freedom. I received an email from Fido offering a deal for 9GB for only $39 (plus taxes I assume), and this is cheaper than what I pay to Freedom...I am still on a contract with Freedom until next Summer however, all odds considered, if I switch over back to Fido, would I qualify for an Apple phone with this plan?

I look foward to your response.

Thanks,

Irina

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello RisingPhoenix13,

Welcome to the community!

@RisingPhoenix13 wrote:..if I switch over back to Fido, would I qualify for an Apple phone with this plan?...

You should note that Fido has switched from their previous subsidised model for device offerings to a new financed Payment Program model. With the new model, plans do not incorporate the cost of devices anymore. That is, the phone costs and plan costs are now separate. So, if you wished to get a new phone, the cost of the device would be in addition to the plan costs offered to you.

You should also note that if you end your contract with Freedom early, you would likely have to pay the balance of the device you are currently financing. In addition, Fido's offer is unlikely to remain valid for the remaining duration of your Freedom contract.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers