cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kavindira
I'm a participant level 2

I've recently pre-ordered an Iphone 4S. The system was updating my position in line until recently it just says Status: In Progress. What does it supposed to mean? Has my phone been shipped?

***Edited to add labels***

26 REPLIES 26

Osama1992
I'm a participant level 1
How can I see my status I reserve i Samsung s7 edge but ️donno from where I should see the statues any idea??

Hi @Osama1992!

To view your status:

1. Go to Fido.ca

2. Log in to My Account, select Phone Reservation

4. Go to My Device at the bottom of the page

4. Click Device Reservation

5. View status

Hope this helps! Smiley

Alex0414

I checked my fido account on Monday Oct 24th, and it turned to "In Progress", i wonder how long does it take to receive any email to inform me that the device is shipping out to the pick up store location?? Be advice 😃 

from Vancouver  B.C.

jimsa
I'm a participant level 3
Mine also went to in progress on monday... nothing has changed yet. I'd rather have a number in line then some flaky "in progress" status though.... From my understanding, in progress meant that they had my phone already and were able to ship it... I don't think it takes 4 days (and still counting...) to ship a phone. Oh well, all I can do is wait I guess =/

lilhab

Same for me! Went to IN PROGRESS Oct 24th and still nothing has changed...I'm in Montreal.

The annoying thing is that I cant do anything about it and Im about to go off on vacation for 3 weeks without any way of knowing what will happen with my phone. 

I better not lose it if I dont go pick it up in time...

Was I supposed to plan my vacation around the elusive date of my Iphone arrival???? I guess so...

On top of that, if I want to walk into the apple store and get it now I cant even do that bc I can no longer cancel my order...

Ive never seen such stupidity over a phone - I avoided the Iphone since it came out years ago bc of all of this and finally decided to hunker down and get it finally...so anti climatic 

jimsa

hey man, you can find answers to your questions here:

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/fido_rsv_system

Specifically though I wanted to point out, it seems even though you're in progress, if you choose to cancel you can still do so, but you just have to call the actual fido location at which you reserved. I tried calling yesterday and asking if perhaps the fido system didn't update me and they had actually received my phone... no one answered though =/...

In which case, if you're jonesing as bad as I am, online at apple everynight at 9pm, you can try and reserve a phone for next day pick up. Today I was just able to reserve a 64gb... however I don't know if the extra hundred is worth it to get an iphone sooner than later. Anyways, that's one idea. Another idea is to check out your local futureshop. I asked my bro to check the futureshop near his place on Saturday, and they just received stock. I don't know how often they get stock, but wouldn't hurt to give them a ring every now and then. Cheers!

jimsa

clarification: I just reread my post, I mention "extra $100 is worth it". There is no price difference at apple when you buy there. I'm just saying extra hundred because my original intention was to get a 32gb as opposed to a 64gb.

adamsnothere
Mine switched to In Progress on Oct 25, still waiting. Been about 10 days and haven't heard a peep. Anyone else had to wait this long after switching to In Progress?

fml

just got an email that my phone has been shipped - was in progress since Oct 24; gave me a tracking number but when i go to look at it, it says its been delivered to calgary... i'm in vancouver. crossing my fingers that this is just a pit stop and they will ship it again (but why the 'delivered' status on the UPS website?), otherwise this is just ridiculous. a month of waiting and my iphone lands a province over? jeeze. 

brettomatic
My device was shipped to the local flagship store on the 20th, but I was only advised by email yesterday.

I went in this morning, and I was told their "systems were down". I went for a walk, came back an hour later, still down. The clerks seemed to prefer that I just come back another day. I explained my persistence was simply because I forgot my current phone at a friend's last weekend.... They arranged for a loaner(blackberry) to get me out of the store, but they asked me to walk to a guichet and get cash, because their debit/POS was non-functional also. I was afraid to ask why they could activate the "loaner" but not my new phone....

The clerks mentioned to a few customers that other outlets weren't experiencing the same technical problems, but since my order was with their store, I would have to wait for their system to get back up and running.

They did ask every customer who entered whether they were looking to sign a new contract or renewal.... Which fueled my suspicions that the previous poster was correct that their strategy may be to focus on activating new subscribers while letting their existing customers sweat it out.

I have to admit I had the urge to kidnap their giant weiner dog and hold it hostage!!!!
I feel kind of foolish for wanting remain a loyal customer when getting a new phone is such an agonizingly painful experience.

So Fido folks.... What should I do now? Try again tonight? Tomorrow?

ix3katz

^ IM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! 

I was told to go back day after day because they promised I would be able to get my stupid phone.  I went back at least 3 times.  Yesterday they told me the system was "down" as well.  Seriously? I don't have that much time to spare.  And I can't call in either because their phone line does not work 99% of the time!!! 

Today I actually managed to get my call through (after like 12 calls) and guess what? I STILL can't pick up my phone even though it's there! Because the system is going to be "down for another day".  Like REALLY? 

brettomatic

ix3katz,

where abouts are you? i'm in montreal.

i just called customer service and explained the problem, and her response was "well if you want an iPhone just go to our website and make a reservation".

this is all just so silly.

ix3katz

im in toronto 

i did a live chat earlier on the fido site and they said there's nothing they can do if some stores have technical difficulties.. 

so i guess at least i knwo theyre not lying about the system being down. question is...when will it be back up again? hah...

brettomatic

At 9:30, I called the local store and asked if their renewal and activation system was back up. They happily reported that it was.

When I arrived at the store an hour later, they said the system was down yet again. I peppered the clerk with questions.... she avoided answering how many days or how frequently these outages have been occuring over the past week.

Yet another morning wasted......

sakurasaku
I'm a contributor level 1

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Below are the answers to your frequent questions of the status when & after Reserving a phone through Fido Reservation System from your account profile home page.

- If your status is “open”, your reservation has been made and Fido is awaiting for the product from the supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is “in progress”, Fido have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is “shipped”, your phone has left Fido's warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose.

- If your status is “cancelled”, your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited/Refunded back to your account.

Hope this clarifies it all!

lollololol

Mine has been like this for over a week now. I've ordered the phone 17 days ago it's completely unacceptable. I can't even cancel the **bleep** thing anymore. Reserving from the Apple website garuntees you getting the phone the next day, and I can't even do that anymore 'cause of this. What makes it worse is that some people I know who were the 8000th in line or so got theirs already and I, who was 2000 at the time, am still waiting. Everyone from Fido that I've called has something different to say which is confusing me even more.

Just goes to show you how completely useless and deceiving this whole reserving thing that Fido has going on was. They advertised it as a pre-order when it's the complete opposite.

I'm seriously considering switching companies over this. I don't care about the phone anymore.

N_N
The pre-order service was nothing more than a way for Fido to gauge demand for the phone (i.e. wait-list). If you really want it, you may have better luck going to a store.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

We do apologize for the delays in getting you your iPhone's. As with previous iPhone launches, we have come to know that the demands are huge, which is why we introduced the Reservation System.

Now, for those that see "In Progress", it is still possible to cancel the reservation and simply visit a store to pick one up provided there is sufficient stock. You would need to call the store that you selected during the reservation and request to cancel your reservation. The $40 will be refunded to you.

Hope this helps.

brettomatic
If there are phones in stock at the store, why the hell aren't they being given to the people supposedly "in progress"?

I've been with Fido for a decade.... My loyalty is wearing thin....