cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So disappoint and frustrated with Fido...

Benedict2573
I'm a participant level 2

Long story short...My wife's phone is dying...so I suggested her to switch from Rogers to Fido and get a new phone.  She wants to have a S21 Ultra.  So I went to a Fido store.  They don't have S21 Ultra in store, and they can't find one from another store also.  So I got an S21 5G for her.  After she used it for one day, she said the screen is too small and not happy about it.  The next day, I found out BestBuy mobile phones has S21 Ultra in stock.  The gentleman in BestBuy suggest me that I can return my S21 (Because Fido has satisfaction guarantee for 15 days.) to the Fido store.  Then I can got S21 Ultra from Bestbuy (He can hold the S21 Ultra until the end of the day for me).  My Samsung S21 5G is TOTALLY fine.  But when I went to the Fido store and tell them that I want to return it, they rejected my request with a reason.  They said the small Samsung black paper box which keep the Quick Start Guide, the charge cable and the pin is in bad condition.  That's why I can't return the S21 5G within 15 days.  I think this is SO RIDICULOUS.  I went back to BestBuy, and tell the gentleman doesn't need to hold the S21 Ultra for me because Fido doesn't allow me to do the return.  He was curious and asked why.  I told him the reason....All 3 gentlemen who works behind the counter all said this is totally insane.  They never heard this is the reason to refuse the device return (the device just 1 day old and in totally fine condition).  They suggest me to contact Fido head office and report about this.  Is there anyone in here had this kind of experience?  Or anyone can give me any suggestion?  I started to use Fido since iPhone 3 was out.....This is my first time to feel so disappoint and frustrated with Fido.  Please help.

Fido1.jpgFido2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Benedict2573,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your experience. Firstly, I don't work for Fido so I wouldn't be able to state whether or not you would be eligible for the Satisfaction Guarantee return. I imagine the store manager would have some discretion based on the eligibility criteria. Unfortunately, that criteria does stipulate: in its complete and original condition.

Satisfaction.jpg

~taken from here.

I understand some might consider it to be only a cardboard box, however, it could affect resale value of the device if it were to be sold as 'open box'. I also understand that you believe the phone is perfectly fine. Be that as it may, a future customer might question how fine is its condition if the previous owner didn't bother to take care of packaging.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Benedict2573

Thank you for your explanation, Cawtau Smiley