Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch availability

Begemotkot
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, 

Please advise when plans for Smartwatches could become available with fido?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Going by Fido's track record I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for smartwatch support. Just like 5G service the grand poobahs at Rogers are keeping the great unwashed at Fido from accessing these luxuries.

jnbuddha91
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

so i would need to buy an unlocked iwatch on amazon/ebay or open another, new, confusing breakdown so i can pay two mobile network bills? and just causer id like a iwatch with the "gps=cellular smartwatch" due to me wanting just the most simple smartwatch/iphone for the simplicity, and 'no-fuss, no muss' type of watch which has text dictation and/or me forgetting my ohone at home and the watch has all the needed and important info. thats carried on your phone

Hello Jnbuddha91,

Welcome to the community!

I understand people would like to use cellular services with their smartwatches. However, you should note that Apple watches require specific Apple Watch plans, only available from certain providers (see here). In addition, I do not believe Apple currently allows for a standalone Apple Watch plan. While some providers offer a Family set-up for the watch, I think they do still need someone using an iPhone with the compatible provider. So, one person would not be able to use services from Fido and get an Apple Watch plan from another provider.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Begemotkot,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, Fido does not offer such an option they do not offer standalone smartwatch plans either if/when that changes they will announce it on the website.