cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Patch Update Galaxy A70

ET4043
I'm a participant level 2

When is the next security patch coming for the Galaxy A70? I see on the update schedule it is still on the October SMR with no timeline for an update. I am using my phone as a BYOD for work and received notice that my phone will be cut off from the work network if this is not updated to at least the November SMR by May 4.

Thanks,

Henry

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ET4043,

Welcome to the community!

Although I am unable to provide a definitive answer to your question, as far as I am aware, that device would only receive updates biannually (see here). If that's the case, I don't think it would receive the November update seeing as it had already been updated with the October one. That said, it's possible it might receive a May update or later. Unfortunately, that may not be in time for your deadline. You might consider contacting Samsung Canada to see if they have any addition information they may provide.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ET4043

Thanks for the reply. I might just have to get a new phone then. Is there any difference in OS and security updates if I get the phone from Fido or straight from the manufacturer (Samsung), say the Galaxy S22?