Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 not receiving texts

aayh
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, 

I upgraded my Samsung S6's software to Android 6.0.1 around 2 weeks ago and since the update, my phone has not been receiving some texts. My phone only receives around 70% of the texts that are sent to me, so a lot of the time I don't know if someone has messaged me.

I've had this problem with an earlier software update sometime at the end of last year I believe, but that was common for all Samsung phones and was fixed with a subsequent software update from Fido/Samsung. 

I'm not sure if this is another problem with the software update again and if anyone else has this issue or if I'm the only one experiencing it. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks. 

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Dions
I'm a contributor level 2

I have a Samsung S6 i'm using Android Message and i don't receive any text at all, i will if i send a message first but after a while i wont. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SERVER'S!!! CLEARLY THERE IS AN ISSUE, IT'S HAPPENING WITH THE DEFAULT SAMSUNG APP ALSO.

Dions

I changed my plan the other day and since then i had issues receiving texts, I called fido they did a reset on my network, it didnt solve the issue, i called the next day and they told me that it was an ongoing issue bla bla and that i had to turn off my VOLTE. I don't see how this can be related and that still didn't solve the issue. so i came here and read some blog and now i'm trying this here, going back to the Samsung text app(default app). So far it's working well, it sent and received my text super fast so that's good. Apparently Samsung are working on a fix for this bug..... maybe just release the Nouga update and we wouldn't have to deal with all this....

@Dions I have a S6 and the text is working fine, I also have the VoLTE disable and i'm using the Android messenger.

Dions

ok... i don't know what to say, my phone was working super fine until they change my plan i use to have the 6G for 30$ plus iphone value pack now i have the 10G pulse 15 plan something like that and since the they i took effect my text won't work anymore, it works now since i'm using the samsung S6 default text app, i was using Android messenger and i even tried hangout and the text won't just come in. I have my VOLTE on now since there's no reason to have it off.

@Dions disable the VoLTE and try it you can even have Fido disable the VoLTE on their side also and see if that fixes the problem. It could be that VoLTE was disable on your old plan and when you change plans it got activated again. When Fido had introduce VoLTE it cause nothing but problems for alot of phones and not receiving text was one of them. 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey  @aayh!

Did you get a chance to reset the device to its factory settings to see if you notice an improvement? 

Are any of your other services being impacted other than the text messages? 

aayh

I havent factory reset my device yet, since I don't want to wipe all the data off my phone and go through the troubles of backing up and reloading my data if it doesnt fix the problem. Is there any fix to this besides doing a factory reset?

The only issue I've noticed so far is only with the text messages. 

Would it have something to do with the Marshmallow update I installed?

@aayh did you try wiping the cache partition on the phone? Also try disabling the VoLTE and see if the problem stops.

aayh

I tried all those and it didn't work. In the end I found out it was my third party text app that wasnt receiving the messages. Switched back to the samsung defualt text app and also re-installed the texting app and I have not been having anymore issue.

Thanks for all the help!