cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J3 "failed to send message"

PeterJ
I'm a participant level 2

Hi. I'm new to Fido. About half the time now, my Samsung J3 claims "failed to send message" usually about 30 seconds after hitting send. But the recipients sometimes claim that they did indeed receive the message. I'm using the same hadrware I brough over from my previous service provider and never had this problem before. Any ideas? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @PeterJ,

Welcome to the community!

Since the phone was from another carrier you would need to make sure you have the correct APN settings for the Fido network you can find the correct information here.

PeterJ

Hey, thank you Kapable-K. I had found that page before and followed these instructions, and after looking up my settings again upon your advice, my phone was already configured correctly. I also attempted to switch back and forth between the "If you have an LTE device" and not settings, and the performance doesn't change. I have also since done multiple experiments sending texts to other devices within my household, and still there's the same issue. About half the messages I sent that get flagged as "failed to send message" are actually delivered to the recipient. Interestingly, I sometimes receive multiple times messages sent to me from others as well. It's all too weird for me.

Hello PeterJ,

Welcome to the community!

Since the failed messages do seem to get delivered to the recipient, it's possible it's an issue with your phone or messaging app rather than the network. Your issue seems to be similar to the one posted here. You might consider trying the steps provided to see if it might correct your problem.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @PeterJ, if the APN settings are correct try doing a network reset, and after that double check the APN settings again and see if it helps. If the problem is still there try reseating the SIM card you do that by taking it out then putting it back in with the phone off. If that still does not work contact customer service and ask them to perform a reset to switch on your line.