Samsung Galaxy Watch

I'm a Participant Level 2 jugmarker
I'm a Participant Level 2

Samsung Galaxy Watch

Hello i recently bought a samsung galaxy smart watch with LTE capability. When will i be able to hook it up through FIDO. I am a long term customer and am eagerly awaiting the date. Can someone please let me know what exactly is going on with smart watch plans. Thanks so much. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch

Hello @jugmarker,

Thank you for posting and for your interest concerning smartwatches compatibility with Fido's network. 

At this time, we do not carry smartwatches, however you might be able to activate your device with a physical SIM card. 

To clarify, does the Samsung Galaxy Smart Watch require a physical SIM card or an eSIM? If it needs a physical SIM card, you might be able to activate it on your device. 

Keep the Community posted! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Solution

Hello @jugmarker,

Thank you for posting and for your interest concerning smartwatches compatibility with Fido's network. 

At this time, we do not carry smartwatches, however you might be able to activate your device with a physical SIM card. 

To clarify, does the Samsung Galaxy Smart Watch require a physical SIM card or an eSIM? If it needs a physical SIM card, you might be able to activate it on your device. 

Keep the Community posted! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 jugmarker
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there, yes, it is an eSim. Will Fido be making arrangements to support these type of devices (samsung galaxy watch esim)? If so, when? 

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Hey @jugmarker

For now, we didn't get any news concerning supporting the Samsung Galaxy watch with the Esim.

I do invite you to keep an eye on Fido.ca for upcoming offers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4