cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ backorder

Jake90
I'm a participant level 2

I upgraded my phone on December 28th to the S8+ and was told that the phone is on backorder. I received a call from Fido 2 weeks ago telling me that the phone would be shipped last week. However, until today, it is not shipped and it's the third week. Any updates?

8 REPLIES 8

Customerover20y

I have the same problem, I upgraded my device on Dec 24, and I got a phone call on Jan 11 telling me the phone is ready to ship to me and I will be receiving it in a few days time. Still not receive it on Jan 17 and I called Fido again and they said they don't know who called me and the phone is still back order for 3 weeks. I had the worse experience in my life with Fido in the last 4 weeks and every time I call in I have to wait more than 30 to 60 mins. I had enough of that and I cancelled the order.

Wish you good luck.

monstersinc
I'm a contributor level 1

Did u end up getting the phone?

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Jake90! 

Welcome to the Community! Smiley

There's a delay of approximately 3 weeks for this device. As soon as it's on it's way, you'll get your tracking number by email.

Hope that helps! 

monstersinc

Still another week?

Jake90

Hi Megan,

I just got an email this morning confirming the changes on my account and the new device is in there with UPS as shipping method. However, there is no tracking number. I'm not sure if this is simply to say that the phone will be shipped soon and that the tracking number will be sent out in a different email.

Thanks.

Sounds like you've receive the email confirmation which is sent when your order is processed. You will receive another email with a tracking number once your order is shipped. 

monstersinc

Hi, just want to know if anyone else is going through the same situation. Ordered a new phone with 2 yr term on Dec 22, was told phone would arrive by 27th, then told by Jan 3-4, then another 2 weeks and today another 3 weeks. 

Hey monstersinc!

I moved your post here since it's about the same subject. 

You can find more info above.