cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE VIVAZ PC Companion errors

tab77
I'm a participant level 2

Installed SE PC Companion (2.01.078), connected phone, but pretty much none of the functions work. Backup, for example: I select the PIM data I want to back up and enter a file name to save-as, click Backup! and get message "an error has occurred and the backup operation was cancelled". The Phone contacts gives error Reading Mobile phones contacts has failed". I have selected PC Support mode as prompted when the USB cable is connected, I have tried the PC Connect software that cane on the phone itself and have tried reinstalling with PC Connect downloaded directly from SE Support site. I use Windows XP Pro SP-3. Does PC Connect work for any other VIVAZ users out there? Are there any other options for backing up contacts, memos etc?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello tab77,

I suggest you call Sony Ericsson directly as PC companion is not an application we support.

Here is the number for Sony ericsson support 1-866-766-9374. they should be able to address thoses issues for you.

I hope this help,

tab77

SE support site had a few clues, and in case it is of any use I will post some updates here for other Fido Vivaz users...

When I installed PC Companion from the files pre-loaded on my new phone onto a Windows-7 PC, and DID NOT update PC Companion as prompted when I started the application, everything worked fine. I got a clean backup including all PIM data and contents of my SD card.

I have not yet tried installing the non-updated app on Win XP... will let you know...