cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous... I tried my luck with the certified pre owned and got...

Larryp
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Got my device today and it's a peice of garbage.... It's an s21 ultra and the sound doesn't even work and the device it shuts off automatically after a couple of minutes and back on again... Like. I feel like I've wasted my time it says there devices are "tested" by there technicians???? Lmao I sincerely doubt that as anyone in there right mind could not of missed this issue... I'm seriously regretting ever renewing my contract and taking a cpo device.. 

2 REPLIES 2

AK1392
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Sorry to hear OP, had to find out the hard way that CPO devices are a complete joke. I upgraded my phone last month, recieved a CPO 'Like New' [a term Fido uses quite loosely] iPhone 12 PRO. Booted it up only to find the battery health was 85% - my ~4 year old iPhone XR has a battery health of 82%. Going back & forth with Fido, who assured me the phones are 'Like New' but they cannot test battery health [then why call them 'Like New'?], I received a second iPhone 12 PRO....Only to have the same issue!! 

The CPO program is not worth anybody's time and effort. The fact they push these phones like they are good deals is highly suspect IMO. Nobody is 'testing' anything, as far as I'm concerned they simply make sure there are no scratches on the units and send them back out.

Oh yeah - tried to return the second unit I recieved. Had a customer service rep. tell me it would be sent out in 3 days. After 2 weeks, recieved nothing. A second rep. told me the exchange was declined shortly after being placed - was anybody going to tell me? 

FidoVan

Hi there @Larryp and welcome to the Community!

We're sorry to read about your experience with your newly purchased device. We stand by our certified devices and offer a one year warranty + a grace period if you change your mind and would like to return it or exchange it.

Should you need support with your situation, you can also reach us out in private on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and we'll be happy to look into that with you. Hope to chat withy ou soon!