cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned phone, now remove device balance, please!

Amygdala
I'm a participant level 2

Returned phone, compliant with conditions (like new, factory reset, all parts packed in same box), one day after receiving. Not easy, because when shipped no return label was provided, and it is hunt and peck to find that info online.  Customer service emailed label and phone was picked up promptly.  Tracking return:  2 delivery attempts refused.  Again involving customer service, and new tracking number given, phone redirected and delivery accepted finally about a week after it was picked up.  Since then I have been waiting for the balance on the device to be removed from my account (online) so I can upgrade my phone.  It's been more than a week now since the delivery (returned phone) was accepted at the warehouse.  Have called customer service, and the answer (3 times) is that it will take a couple of days.  The last time he said probably Friday (26th) --- pause --- or Monday.  Explanation that they are short staffed in the warehouse.  Because of all the mess-ups in the return of this phone, I just want my balance due credited on my account.  Guess I'll have to wait until Monday now, but it seems to me an inordinate delay, in my opinion.  Now, what happens Monday?  Been a customer since Dec. 31, 2012 and had no other problems.  Customer service, when I need it is friendly, but I have some anxiety about being screwed over on this.  Is it normal to take so long to get a phone returned?  Shipped 9th June, Picked up (for return) 12th, delivery accepted 19th -- and still no account update.

3 REPLIES 3

Amygdala

Okay,it did take a lot of patience, on my part, and Fido's!  Finally, one of the personel was able to put through an adjustment to clear the balance on the returned phone.  Now I'm just waiting for notice that the new replacement phone is shipped, and I'll be feeling fine.

Thank your for the update @Amygdala

If the adjustment was processed mid-cycle, you will see the changes reflected on your next invoice Smiley

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Amygdala, welcome to the community!

We definitely understand that this whole situation can be frustrating. We definitely appreciate your loyalty and your patience. As you may understand, the current health conditions makes everything go by a little slower. Thank you so much for your patience Smiley