cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting a stolen/lost phone. IMEI?

Reshu
I'm a participant level 2

What if i lost or someone stole my iPhone? What is the procedure of device protection? How i get a new phone or upgrade model? Is there anything i have to pay?

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

linsey7569
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I lost my cell phone. Can we trace it? I really want to find it. Please put a block on it.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @linsey7569,

Welcome tot he Fido community!

you can login to you account click on the number associated with the lost device and you should see the option to report lost/stolen device.

Once you block the phone you might not be able to trace it, depending on which phone you have and if you had location tracking enable you might be able to locate the phone, For Apple device see here for Android device see here.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Reshu!

Welcome to the Community! 

If you have device protection on the line on which you were using the device that was lost/stolen, the Device Protection plan allows you to make a claim with Asurion, here, for a like-for-like or comparable replacement, however, lost/stolen coverage is not covered in Saskatchewan, Québec and Newfoundland, so, your coverage for this type of scenario will depend in which province you live in.

If you are living in a province where this is covered, Asurion will charge you a Service Replacement Fee via credit card for your replacement. The exact replacement fee will depend on which device you were using. You can check out more details on this on the same page where you can make a claim.  

If you make a claim, the lost/stolen device can also be blocked from future use with any wireless provider in Canada.

Hope this helps! 

Reshu
I lost my iphone 6 can i get samsung S8 or iphone 7 plus in replacement?

@Reshu you will need to discuss that with Asurion when making your claim. 

I doubt that will ever happen because the two phones you want are newer and not the same as your iPhone6.