msnively
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3
"Soon" tm
2 REPLIES 2

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Rogers isn't killing the brand. They're managing Fido by product differentiation. If both Fido and Rogers offered the exact same services and handsets, there would be no point to have separate companies. Both Fido and Rogers have their individual target markets segmented. If you want say a Windows Phone, switch to Rogers. From Rogers point of view, it doesn't matter what company you are with (Fido or Rogers) they receive the revenue in the end. But from our customer standpoint, we're upset because we've "setttled in" with Fido and want the phones to come to us.

Dirks
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

The main reason for Rogers having fido is not product differentiation but rather price.  rogers being one of the most expensive providers knows that not everyone is willing to pay what they charge.Instead of letting the customers go to a cheaper provider like koodo or solo ect, they have fido offer lower rates inexchange fido has a much more limited selection of phones and if often slower offering new releases (I am still waiting for the new blackberry's). This is the same reson why rogers came out with chatr, when new providers like Wind launched.