cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Fido HomePhone to a FIDO cellular phone

Methree
I'm a participant level 3

I am attempting to port a phone number associated with Fido homephone service to a Fido cellular phone. The automated method requires that the number to be ported (the Fido Homephone) must respond to an SMS message within 90 minutes. Problem is that the Fido Homephone does not have texting capability. The customer support on 3 occassions has failed to grasp this and are trying the automated method (which I can do on the web site) and in each case there is a failure. What is the proper method to accomplish this

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Methree,

Generally, porting a phone number would be between two different mobile providers. Since your current service and desired service are both with Fido, I believe you would need to migrate your services from one type to another. For example, customers wanting to switch from post-paid to pre-paid would need to migrate their services from one plan type to the other (see here). As mentioned in that post, there may be a fee to process the migration of services.

You should note that this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customers' accounts. You might consider contacting customer service again to request the migration of services. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. I understand it may only seem like a different terminology, but I think the process would be would also be different.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Methree

Issue has been resolved after 3 calls requesting the Porting Team. Entered a manual request to port and then call a special number for porting, and after several security questions were answered, the porting was comopleted immediately

Hey @Methree! We're happy to read the situation was resolved for you. 🙂