cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade to nightmare

Kaina
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have upgraded my phone 2 weeks ago as my contract had ended a year ago.

Nonetheless since the upgrade, it has been a complete nightmare. I have been a week and more with no service and still do not have a solution. 

Not only did I not receive a new sim card, but also upon going in store, they confirmed my phone being deffective. 

At this point, I installed a screen protector, drove out of town to get to a store, spent a lot of time on the line with customer service and trying to coordinate my work hours with the store covid hours... and still no solution.

Calling the customer service is pointless when it comes to these type of issues. It is beyond their power.

I'm currently using a phone app to make my calls which constantly get disconnected after a certain time and this is unacceptable in my work environment. Please keep in mind that I always have to remain on wifi to use the little service that I'm able to get on this so called phone upgrade.

It feels impossible to get in touch with a Fido manager.

I am asked to wait another week to resolve my issue which is impossible for me to do.

I currently have two lines with fido and on the urge of cancelling both services. My next attempt will be a guaranteed cancellation if no solution is found. Let's not forget the hassle of calling back to correct my bill.......

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Kaina! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience with your new phone. I can certainly understand your frustration with that!

Have you had any positive news since your last post? If not, we'll be happy to assist you via the community, if you wish. Just request a PM from us and we'll send you one.