cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade new comer

Plaban
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am using Fido for 30 days, arrived canada 30 days before. they provided 600 credit limit, my credit score is 610+ (based on trans union) 

My question is:

Can i upgrade my phone with 0 down payment? Based on my credit score they will approved or not?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Plaban,

Welcome to Canada and to our Community Forums! Smiley

We invite you to check out and subscribe to our New to Canada Group to connect with other fellow newcomers and share experiences, questions or tips and tricks. 

Glad to have you here!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Plaban,

Welcome ot the community!

Firstly, you should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. Since we are generally fellow customers replying, we would not be able to offer a definitive answer to your quesiton.

Whether someone is able to avail of $0 down payment offers would depend on a number of factors, including the device in question as well as your Fido credit assessment. For example, a high-cost phone with no down payment would require higher monthly fees. However, that same high-cost phone with a down payment would require lower monthly fees. On the other hand, a lower-cost phone with no down payment may also have relatively lower monthly fees. One's credit assessment might allow for a $0 down payment for a lower cost phone but not necessarily a high-cost device. It may also allow for financing the higher cost device with a down payment.

Based on your Fido credit assessment, they provided your line with the Credit Limit monitoring. The requirement for CLM could be due to your credit score or a lack of credit history in Canada. No judgement, but as far as I can tell, that credit score might be classified as poor to fair by TransUnion (see here).

Only the Fido credit assessment team would be able to determine whether your line qualifies for device financing under their Payment Program and, if so, how much.

If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service as mentioned below. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Plaban,

Welcome to the community!

The score that cellphone companies look for can vary between providers and what you want to get done, since you already have a line you should be okay to finance at least one device. 

You should contact customer service directly and they can better assist you.