cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Delivery via UPS

Marduk
I'm a participant level 2

So I ordered a new phone last week, and got my email from Fido with the UPS tracking number shortly after.

Delivery is supposed to take 5-8 business days, so I was not concerned that I had not received it yet.  But today, I decided to check the tracking number and apparently UPS tried to deliver it 4 days ago (on a wednesday - today is sunday).  The don't have the door code to ring my condo, so they "failed to deliver". This happens a lot with UPS.  They do not try at all.  They had my phone number attached to the order (I checked the order on website and the phone number is correct).

They, of course, left NO delivery notice at the door, so I had no way of knowing they even tried.  The last update from 4 days ago also says they tried to contact me.  They did not.  As I said, I checked and the phone number associated with the delivery and it is correct.  

UPS is a bad delivery company.  I will call them tomorrow and as usual I will have to go pick it up at some store somewhere.  If you had delivered with Canada Post I would have received my phone by now.

I am posting this so you know that UPS is bad, and as a Fido customer I am dissatisfied with them.  Next time I will just piuckl up the phone at the FIdo store.

7 REPLIES 7

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Marduk

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. 

In the future, you can mention that you want your device to be shipped through Canada Post and if possible we'll make it happen for you Smiley .

Hope this helps! 

Marduk

I was not aware that was an option.  I called UPS and naturally I have to go pick it up.  Thery have no explanation for why the status says "Contacted receiver" when they most certainly did not.

I will now drive much further than the Fido flagship store to get my phone.  UPS is not a good delivery company.

Hi @Marduk,

I will be sure to pass your feedback along.

Thanks.

Kellza

having the WORST experience with UPS.  I did not know requesting via Canada Post was an option either.  Perhaps you should make this clear when a customer is ordering.  My phone is lost, UPS has lied about it's location and delivery.  Currently on hold with them and you trying to get it sorted out. Which I shouldn't have to be doing. Day 3 wasting time trying to sort this out with zero compensation to me from either side. 

cdnmr

I feel your pain and am going through the same issues.

UPS has phone an FIDO refuses to allow me to get a new phone at a retail location until phone has been returned the them.

I never received the phone, FIDO knows it is in UPS's possession and yet they will not allow me to replace the phone that I never received.

Problem is FIDO and UPS's but FIDO puts customers in the middle.

Looks like Koodo is getting another customer wen my contract is up next month.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey cdnmr!

Welcome to the Community! 

We'd hate to see you go over this, however, as much as we would like to allow you to do otherwise, our systems only allow one hardware upgrade on a line at a time. This is not something where we can make any exceptions.

This is something that we have in place to help protect your account and help protect against any suspicious activitiy.  

This means that, if you are returning a device that was sent to you, and would like to upgrade your device in-store instead, you will need to wait until we have received that device and processed it as returned. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Kellza

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I'm sorry fo hear about your experience, We definitely don't want you to feel lthis way, not receiving your phone when expected can definitely be deceiving Sad

We ship most phones through UPS unless requested otherwise or in specific situations, we want to make sure you receive your device as soon as possible and that's the best way to ensure that! 

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this further Smiley .