cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8+ Screen Repair - Calgary

vbemiy
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

My phone just fall and despite the case the screen cracked - I have been in touch with Fido who turned me away since I do not have the $11 protection coverage and Samsung also do not have service centre in my province. i just find it very sad that after being with Fido for almost 17 years they was limited option they could offer me and the lack of empathy their rep showed is amazingly surprising to me. Even had the audacity to "explain" to me that they sell phones to helps us get the "one stop shop" experience. which I found it to be a joke since every time there is an issue, you are sent elsewhere so how is this a one stop shop?

Does anyone know where I can get my screen fixed within Calgary, Alberta?

1 REPLY 1

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @vbemiy

The manufacturer's warranty only doesn't cover physical damage on the phone so our options are a bit more limited.  However, the store should have been able to send the phone to repair for you if you were okay with paying for the repair.

Before you get your phone repaired by a third party, I'd suggest verifying with Samsung the effect it would have on your warranty.  In most cases, using a third party service would void the warranty.

Let us know if you have more questions!