cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phablet

Messiah1982
I'm a participant level 2

Hello , I am planning to buy a phablet and those are the frequency of the device . This device is a 10 inches phablet which can make calls and send sms .

2G mobile data band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, 3G mobile data band: WCDMA CDMA 850/1900/2100. 

I would like to have a confirmation that I can inser my SIM card ( multi SIM card ) in that phablet and will be a le to calls and send sms ? 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Messiah1982,

Welcome to the community!

@Messiah1982 wrote:
2G mobile data band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, 3G mobile data band: WCDMA CDMA 850/1900/2100.

Judging by those specifications, that device should have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. You should note that Rogers intends to decommission the 2G GSM network at the end of this year (see here).

Assuming that device will accept a regular-sized SIM, you should be able to use that device for calls and SMS. However, since the device is not from Fido, they can't confirm or guarantee that it will work. The best that can be offered is that the device appears to have compatible bands/frequencies for those networks.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Messiah1982

Thank you so much Cawtau for this clarification .

i hope also the devise will work because it is unlocked and meets the band frequencies .

let's wait and see .