cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Charges & Plan Changes

kookmykookie
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

For some background info, my billing cycle starts on the 17th of each month and goes until the 16th of the following month as usual. I made changes to my plan today (the 18th) and opted for a plan that has fewer data (6GB to 2GB) than the plan I had before I switched. This means I still have 30 days leftof my billing cycle. However, my plan still says I have 6GB for this billing cycle, despite my account saying I currently have the 2GB plan. 

What I'm wondering is, am I gonna be charged for BOTH the 2GB and 6GB plans since it seems like they are both in place at the same time? If so my bill would end up being more than double the amount it should be and I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done? I know there will be partial charges incurring on my bill but >2x my bill doesn't seem like it's only "partial"

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kookmykookie,

Welcome to the community!

Since you made changes mid-billing cycle, your monthly fees will be prorated on your next bill. With regards to your data, you'll get access to the larger data amount between the two plans. That's why your My Account is showing you still have access to the 6GB for the remainder of your cycle, while your account shows your new plan's data allotment (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers