Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old SIM card is invalid, switch SIM card

Huawei
I'm a participant level 1

Hello guys,

Fido just delivered a new iPhone with a new SIM card to me. I want to switch from my old SIM card to the new one. I tried it so many times online in My Account but it keeps telling me that "your old SIM card is invalid". Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you!

Huawei

13 REPLIES 13

ilene333

I see this is an old thread but I am having the same issue. Received new iphone XR, upgrading from iphone 7. Package came with a new SIM card. No change in phone number. Spent an hour on chat last night with someone bashing my head against the wall because his English was not good and it seemed he had no idea how the Fido system worked...did anyone figure out why this is happening or how to fix it?

Hey @ilene333 ,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about your experience. You mentioned doing this on the chat, but did you try to update your SIM online on your side as well? Does the same situation occur?

You can check how to update it here.

Also at the moment, if you insert the new SIM in your device, does it connect to the network after a couple of minutes or not at all?

Don't hesitate to contact us directly for more assistance with this, we can also send you a PM on here if you prefer.

Let us know Smiley

AnasAbdulRehman

Same here.. Old sim card not valid. I also tried a different browser but still the same issue. Says Sorry, that is not the SIM number associated to your phone number. Please try again

Hey @AnasAbdulRehman

Welcome to the community Smiley

If you already tried a different browser, we'll need to take a look at your account with you.

You can contact us using any other contact options listed here or we can send you a PM.

Let us know what you'd like to do! 

singh9
I'm a participant level 2

Hi .I got new phone and sim card .But not able to activate the new SIM using My account ot says "

Incorrect SIM
Sorry, that is not the SIM number associated to your phone number. Please try again.

I have tried many times using different browsers. 

Please advise

Hey @singh9

Welcome to the Community!

You mentioned it's a new phone, but is it a new SIM also or one you already had?

Are you activating it on your existing line or it's for a new one?

singh9

I upgraded my device for existing line and received new phone and sim card in same package. I am trying to activate that just to replace the old sim card.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for confirming!

Are you trying to activate the SIM card on the same number the new phone was purchased on? The SIM card is linked to the number the phone was bought on, even if it's not active. This means that if you want to use it on a different line on the account it will not work.

Let us know and we'll go from there! Keep in mind that if your old and new phone take the same size SIM card then there is no need to activate the new one, just pop the old SIM into your new phone Smiley

singh9

Trying to activate for same phone number/line. Inserted the sim but did not get service. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Alrighty! I'll send you a PM so we can get this looked at right away!

See you there Smiley

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Huaweim 

Did you get a chance to test it from a different browser? You also want to make sure that there are no spaces before or after your SIM card number for this to go through properly. 

Let us know if it works with a different browser and if you get another error message, I can send you a PM so we can take a closer look together. Smiley 

calgarydidouser

Having the same issue with my new phone. Looks like a common issue. I guess I'll call in the morning if I don't hear sooner on here.

Hey @calgarydisouser

We would need to check your account to see what's going on.

You can reach us through our channels here.

Or we can send you a PM  here on the Community

Let me know