Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Hey AmberR!

Welcome to the Community!

I have moved your post to this thread since it's about the same thing.

I know your phone is up-to-date, but, have you checked your messaging app? As per LG, it needs to be updated to version 5.30.47.2.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 196 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 AmberR

Yes it's already at 5.30.47.2.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 197 of 229

Hey @AmberR,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I'll send you a PM shortly to further check this out.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 198 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hello Amber

Do yourself a favour and REPLACE YOUR STOCK MESSGING APP. Install ANY other messaging app from the the Play Store. Many, including myself have had success with Textra. It is free and works ALL THE TIME.

I've had quite the animated discussions with Fido'everyone' and its the same old story. Save yourself greif, pain, stress, trouble and the frustration...replace the app. You can thank me later.

@fido: Waht is the definition of 'insanity'? Do the same thing and expect different results! This is sad. And please do NOT PM me in any way. Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 199 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 Bobthesnake
I'm a Participant Level 3

I would just like to let the user know that even if my wife is using TEXTRA, some text messages are still not being received.

I am not using textra and I just learned that I dont received about 10 % of my text.

IMO, stay away from LG G5

Edit : We did all the factory reset, network reset, try another sim card, Messenging app is up to the latest version.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 200 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 McKimmy
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I am so upset....I have been having the same issue as everyone else my LG 5G.  Only receiving some messages.  To hear that all these customers have the same issue and Fido knows about.  I feel like I have been conned into getting a **bleep** phone that I will now be stuck with for almost 2 more years!!  And yes I have tried everything suggested in this thread. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 201 of 229

Hey @McKimmy!

Welcome to the community!

I can definitely understand that not receiving your messages can be frustrating!  I'll send you a PM soon so that we can figure out what's going on! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 202 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

@McKimmy

Did you try installing a third-party app instead of the default messaging one that came with the phone?

I've had success with one named Textra off the App Store. I think others have as well.

John

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 203 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 Nitro8
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I am also having the same issue of people not receiving my messages, both from Android iPhone. It started happening after the latest update to 7.0

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 204 of 229

Hey @Nitro8

Welcome to the Community!

I'll send you a PM on here in a moment so we check that out together Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 205 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Bushey

Hello,

LG G5 Fido user .. people aren't receiving many of my texts from me and I'm not receiving many of the texts being sent to me .. the ones I do receive are often delayed by 20 mins.

Help!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 206 of 229
Former Moderator FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator

Hey there @Bushey

Welcome to the community. Smiley PM on the way!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 207 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 McKimmy

@FidoGabrielle @FidoCharles or any other Moderator...I am pretty friggin fed up with 1. this stupid phone..LG5G 2. seeing so many others with the same issue, meaning you should know by now this phone is garbage and they should be replaced. 3.  Been trying for weeks to get a loaner phone here in Hamilton, been told by many of the employees at store that the whole city is always out of loaners ...seriously???  4 different stores in my area and I can't get a loaner phone???????? Even if I get a loaner..I know my phone is just going to come back the same!!! 

I pay my bill for 2 phones every month, I keep my end of the contract, I should have a phone that works!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 208 of 229

Hey @McKimmy

I can definitely understand having a phone that's not working correctly is an inconvenience.  When you have issues during your manufacturer warranty, we send out the phone for repair, so, if there is to be a replacement, that would be at the manufacturer's discretion.

I've sent you a PM so we can take a look at what can be done about the trouble you're having to find a loaner phone!

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 209 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Skyegirl

Welcome to the LG G5 texting nightmare. I have struggled with this issue for years too. Its been But be forewarned....Fido will have you sending the phone in for a repair for something that can't be repaired...LG was hopeless too....when they finally said they'd replace my new phone they returned a reconditioned one to be which I am still angry about. And like the two repairs that didn't work, the 'new' phone also' had the same glitches with messaging system....missing texts and I also had a jumpy screen...the letters in my emails would jump about randomly. I switched to the texting app Textra as per John, another disgruntled Fido customer's advice, and have even happy with it until yesterday when it was brought to my attention that yet again, I didn't receive a text even with it. Unrelated or related?  You can read lots of history in this firum about this issue. I think we all should have been given new phones since, like you say we are all dedicated paying customers. The LG phone basically is a good phone....but it isn't working as it should and we shouldn't be paying for a product that isn't performing.my cintract with be up in Dec and it'll be bye bye Fido, imI afraid.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 210 of 229