cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia c6 WIFI

sk8erer
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

When using the WIFI connection on my home network on the Nokia c6 phone, Do you get charged for data usage, if its using my home's internet connection?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
NO you will NOT be charged for data on fido, however, you will have to pay for your data usage for your home internet connection, or it will be included in your home internet usage.

montrealskier
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

You can put the C6 in off-line mode and that will disconnect it from the FIDO network leaving Wi-Fi as your only option. You can further limit your risk of accidental network data charges by removing your SIM card, but there are some applications that need the SIM card present (in off-line mode) in order to do special tasks like configure a 3rd party email client account (Videotron) on the C6 or to manually download a ant-virus database update (NetQin). Long time FIDO customers can sometime get a data packet restriction put on their network connection. However when you are roaming outside Canada, a partner will not protect you from accidental data charges so remove your SIM card when doing internet browsing over WiFi in another country.