cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, really, really disappointed in Nokia C6

robertrazavi
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

We bought two of these because they had physical keyboards. One for my wife, and one for my daughter. They need the physical keyboard in order to text to each other, for security reasons, while my daughter is in transit to school.

Well, there are full of bugs, and often they do not turn on, or do not turn off, or turn off by themselves. BOTH phones have these problems which occur fairly often.

How low Nokia has sunk. From a high-end manufacturer of very desirable phones, to manufacturer of crapphones!

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello robertrazavi,

I am really sorry to learn of your issues with the two devices.

Have you brought them to a Fido store for them to be looked at? Maybe there is a software update that helps with your issue?

If the phones are found to be defective, we can also send them to Nokia for them to repair the devices. We will lend you a phone while yours is away.

Let me know how it goes!

montrealskier
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1
I visited a european website with 10000 posted opinions about the C6 and at least 50% were bad. But because the C6 is a unique Smartphone which does GPS for free without the need to initialize first via the internet, and because of the hard keyboard, and because of the quad band for traveling abroad, and because of the $125 (current) promotional price, I could not find a better phone for the buck. I loaded it up with Opera Mobile browser, NetQin antivirus / cache manager, and configured the email client to access my Videotron server over WiFi. I now love this phone. I unlocked it and hope to use with a foreign SIM card while traveling abroad.