cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No OS update for Note 9?

Boomquest
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello.  My Fido Note 9 and S9 plus will not download the March smr update.  When will this work? 

7 REPLIES 7

FidoAllan

Hey @Boomquest

I'd like to ask you a few questions if that's okay with you: 

- If you go to your Software update settings, are you able to see if there's anything available?

- Can you do a manual check by tapping on 'Download and install'? 

- If you're on WiFi, can you make sure the 'Auto download' option is turned on? 

Thank you. Smiley

Boomquest

Hi there.  Yes I did all those things & it still shows no update on either of my phones.  Just shows that I have the Feb. 1/20 patch level.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Boomquest,

You can try using the Samsung Smart Switch software and see if it helps to get the update to your phone, you can follow this guide here.

Boomquest

Yes, I did all that, but the March SMR update still won't come through on either phone.

Hello @Boomquest, c

Can you expand a bit more about what you have tried.

Are you getting specific error messages? What do you see when you try to manually install the update or if you follow @NaliniR 's link? 

Please keep the Community posted on your progress and process. 

Boomquest

I did everything recommended on this page, but nothing worked.  Then, a couple days later the March SMR update arrived for my Note 9.  However, the Fido OS update page has changed & the March SMR update for my S9+ has disappeared when it was supposed to have been released March 23.  

I guess there are some glitches with the update leading it to be pulled from the list.

Hey @Boomquest

Due to the current situation, Samsung decided to temporarily suspend SMR updates. We'll update the OS page when we get new information!