Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New International S20+ shows 4G instead of LTE

ShawnShanked
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello Everyone,

I have a Samsung S20+ international and it's showing 4G instead of LTE. I am connected to a LTE band though so I think it's cosmetic. 

Is there anyway I can change it to LTE? It's kind of annoying. 

Also does anyone know what else I'll be missing from getting an international device? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ShawnShanked,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to change the 4G icon to LTE without rooting the device. Many Countries denote LTE as 4G so it's fairly common that International device versions use the 4G symbol to identify a LTE connection.

In addition, since it is an International device, have you verified that it has the compatible bands/frequencies? You can verify those bands/frequencies here. If that version does not have all of the compatible bands/frequencies, coverage could be affected as not all cellular towers use all of the bands/frequencies. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here.

Also, while Fido recently allowed certain grey-market devices access to certain features (ie voLTE and Wifi-calling), an International version would not be considered grey-market and would unlikely work with those services.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers