Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone bill is 10 times higher 😳😳😧

Smsharma855
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I made a mistake setting up my Fido phone plan, I wasn’t aware that my plan Doesn't include any US calls. My fiance made a work related trip to US and got stuck there whole month of December Because he tested positive for COVID, and In addition to him not being able to come home to Toronto, his condition wasn't very well.

I couldn't visit him because our travel is restricted due to pandemic lockdown. I did however ended up calling him every day. NOT KNOWING THAT MY PLAN DOESN'T INCLUDE US calling. Sad Sad 

This was supposed to be our first Christmas together as a couple. Instead now my bill is 10 times higher than usual. I really hope that someone can help me... please..

take care everyone and stay safe.

Love you all,

smsharma855

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Smsharma855,

I wish there was more that I can do but I'm just a regular customer like yourself.

Your best solution right now is to reach out to the Credit Operations Department and they will be able to help you.

Hope this helps.

Smsharma855

@KAPABLE-K 
thank you so much for your response. I totally understand that I am responsible for paying the charges for the services I used.

But honestly this was my first month with Fido ( I also got Fido home internet plan... all things Fido) this December since I was tired of the lousy customer care from my last phone carrier, they just didn't care about the customer. Fido however I find is very customer focused, that's why I referred few of my friends over to Fido as well 🥰

The error that I made with US calling was purely based on my assumption that it's included in the package (which it was for all my previous phone carriers). 

Had I known it was going to cost me a fortune I would have tried an alternative method. But times like these I was shaken to have my fiancé test positive for our first year together, I guess I just wasn't in the right mind to be able to read the fine print, it was like world was collapsing in on me. 😓

I really appreciate your help and if there is anything you can do to make this less painful please let me.

Love to the whole Fido community!

Smsharma855 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Smsharma855,

Welcome to the community!

I do hope your fiance is doing better now and we wish him a speedy recovery and hope he makes it back to you safe and healthy.

In terms of the charges, no one likes to get a higher than usual bill, if you did make the calls then the charges will be valid.

If it is too much for you to pay at once you can reach out to the Fido Credit Operations Department and they can set up a payment arrangement for you.

You can get more information regarding the payment arrangement here.