Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data connectivity problem

prphadnis
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello everyone, 

So just today I have come across a very strange issue. I am using my Fido sim in my Realme Narzo 50A Prime. Since this morning, I was unable to connect to internet using mobile data. I tried all the possible troubleshooting, checking the settings, network reset, rebooting the device but it still didn’t work. I went to the Fido gallery who replaced my sim but the problem continued. Whats strange is that this sim can connect to the data when inserted in another device. 

Initially I thought this might be an issue with the hardware of my phone. But when I put another sim in my phone, it was able to get connected to the mobile data. 

Now I am not sure where exactly is the issue. Can someone please assist?

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @prphadnis to add to what @Cawtau mentioned you should also check to make sure the you have the correct APN settings, you can that here.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Prphadnis,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, these are the band/frequency specifications for that particular device:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

WCDMA: Bands 1/5/8

FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20/28

TDD-LTE: Bands 38/40/41(2496MHz-2690MHz)

~taken from here.

According to those specifications, that device would have the compatible band/frequency for the 2G and '3G' networks. With regards to LTE, that device would only have two compatible bands/frequencies. You can view the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the device should work on the networks, coverage would depend on corresponding bands/frequencies used at your surrounding cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area towers here. It should be noted that your version of the device might have differing compatible bands/frequencies.

You should also note that since the device is not available from Fido, it's likely certain features (ie voLTE and/or Wifi-calling) won't be supported on that device.

I understand you were able to use data on your phone when you put a different SIM card in your device. Was that SIM card from Fido? If not, it's possible that provider has a cellular tower better suited to your location and limited compatible bands/frequencies.

Unfortunately, if your area Fido/Rogers cellular towers do not use the bands/frequencies compatible with your device, there is not much that can be done to improve the situation.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers