cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewize refused my claim

vjy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have recently lost my phone and I requested a claim from likewize.they asked me to upload my bills and I'd ,I gave them what all they required and I was told I will receive a call back from them.I was waiting for their call for 2 days and didn't hear any ,I tried calling back and the agent told me my claim was rejected when I asked what was the reason they told they will Escalade my issue and I will receive a call back from management team ,I got a call from management team 1 day later saying my claim was refused because I was not registered with FIDO ..

I was surprised I was using Fido from an year and half now and I bought the phone from them recently and they asked me to purchase device protection and I pay my bills on time .

I asked likewize Agent what should I do now they told me to contact Fido and they will Escalade the issue but when I call Fido they connect me to likewize and the same **bleep** again wait for the call back ..nobody knows the  reason for the claim refusal ..what do I do now when they say "MY DEVICE IS NOT REGISTERED WITH FIDO "who the hell am I paying my bills for and my device protection too..

such a fraudulent company likewize is and Fido selling device protections to their customers ,which is a scam 

what to do in this situation 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Vjy,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've lost your device. Firstly, in which Province do you reside? If you live in Québec, you should note that loss and theft protection is not available in that Province.

I understand they told you your device was not registered with Fido. I also understand that you are a current customer with Fido. Had you lost the device when travelling and using another SIM card? I believe the device needs to be actively registered on the Fido network in order to be protected:

Likewize.jpg

~taken from Terms and Conditions here.

As far as I am aware, if the SIM card was removed and another SIM card used when the device was lost, then the device would no longer be actively registered on the Fido network, even though you might still be a Fido customer. Is it possible you had removed the Fido SIM card?

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you wished to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers