cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Velvet problems

Fcosta31
I'm a participant level 2

I have been having problems with the connection of my mobile phone to Android auto, I bucked one appointment at the dealership of the brand and after some tests done in my presence, and having changed the USB ports unit, as soon as the mobile phone was turned on at the USB again it burned the unit. the Gmc technician said to contact Fido to check the phone.

3 REPLIES 3

Fcosta31

So, when I get to dealership Gmc, they connect to the truck a iPhone and work, a Google pixel, and work, when we connected the LG Velvet the USB connection (truck) both "burned". Now can you imagine how was my bill, because the dealership charges $ 124 an hour plus the parts (usb port), this is because the problem is possibly created by the mobile device. The phone as 5 months, can I take it to the store and be seen by a technician to see if there is anything wrong, or to see if the software has problems? Way the phone don't connect to the android auto?

the manufacturer's warranty is 1 year.

Hello Fcosta31,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to your vehicle. Did you have issues connecting that phone to other USB connections (ie computer, etc)? Fido does have their new Repair Program (see here). You can initiate the repair process via the portal.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Fcosta31

I'm sorry to see you've been having difficulties with connecting your phone to your vehicle. Can you clarify what you mean by "it burned the unit"? Do you mean the phone was damaged by plugging it into the car's USB port?