cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Gossip

RedgeCore
I'm a participant level 1

SO this morning everything was fine, using the phone as a alarm clock, hit snooze. it never came, phone turned off by itself. i thought maybe i messed up. nope, my phone freezes every 10 mins, if left alone turns off.

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

stacy

so when i went on 2 go check my mail on my cell it just went off , now it wont let me do anything ..when i put on my cell without the sim card it says Insert SIM and reboot ...how do u rebbot ?   plz help me i just bought this cell in december !!!

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello stacy,

You would have to insert your SIM card in your handset and once it is in, you would simply need to turn the phone back on (reboot) by pressing and holding the End Call button.

I hope this helps!

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

ouch....2 things come to ming...

1 - software

2 - battery ( contacts )

3 - if you are using a very old sim card ( possible )

I'd probably start troubleshooting # 3 first....if you are not using the sim card that came with your phone...stick that sim card into your phone and see if it will turn off by itself...

Let us know !

Silvercat1
I'm a participant level 2

im about to throw this phone out the window 

1)  phone dies without notice.... BATTERY indicator FAIL 

2) The delay on view text messages is ridiculous... FULL OR NOT FULL inbox... 

3) JUST TODAY :  i turned my phone off and on.... all of the pics in the phone were gone,.,, NOT THE memory card but the actual phone ..  seriouslyyyyy tho.. WAT THE ....

4) since then ive noticed :  anytime i plug to pc   the drive for the phone would be  J .. now it says NAND_P2  ??

GRRRRRRR 

and please note the stinkin phone went for suppose "repair" when clearly the only thing they did was update software... and that didnt help much.... 

lopesn91
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Im getting the same problem with my phone and im probably taking it in today or tommorow 

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It can only mean its a lemon....exchange for another unit....if you within your 15 days..return it and save yourself the grief...

my personal rule is...if I have an inkling of a doubt that the phone will not perform as per advertised...I return it and save my self the headache....after all new and better phones will always come out...

Silvercat1

had it for 6mths or so... it was workin fine in the beg...   but wait i just noticed last nite in my pics i have a file photothumb.db... when i click view it says unsupported file...  so i plug it so i can access on pc... and dont see it ......   WATS DA DEALLLLL!!!??? arghhh 

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Why do I get the feeling that the software has a serious bug and that you may need to do a MASTER RESET ( erases everything...fido internet settings, anything stored on phone memory ect...)

If you attempt to do a master reset....dont know if the phone supports mem card but transfer whatever you can over to the memcard and be prepared enter the internet, mms, wap settings again...

good luck !