cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 APN and Data

MickManda
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Well, I just got the LG G4 the other day, and so far I have to say I am not impressed with it!  I thought it was going to be a good phone.  The camera doesn't focus well, the colours are really off  and blown out on the "Auto" setting.  Just not very sharp quality like I was hoping for, or had with my last phone.

One question that I have.... I cannot get my MMS messages to send or to recieve any without MANUALLY turning on my Data!  My other phone just turned it on and off automatically when I got a MMS message.  Does this phone do that?  Can it be set up to?  If so, HOW!!!!  I don't want to leave my Data on all the time, because that is stupid expensive.  It is so frustrating!  

I am hoping that once I figure out all the little quirks of this phone I'll like it, but right now it just frustrates me!  Sad

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MickManda,

Welcome to the community!

@MickManda wrote:

... The camera doesn't focus well, the colours are really off  and blown out on the "Auto" setting.  Just not very sharp quality like I was hoping for, or had with my last phone.

I'm not familiar with that phone's camera, however have you removed the protective film on the camera lens and light sensors? 

@MickManda wrote:

... One question that I have.... I cannot get my MMS messages to send or to recieve any without MANUALLY turning on my Data!  My other phone just turned it on and off automatically when I got a MMS message.  Does this phone do that?  Can it be set up to?  If so, HOW!!!!  I don't want to leave my Data on all the time, because that is stupid expensive.  It is so frustrating!  

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that functionality was removed from android. The application program interface (API) provided by Google to enable Activate Mobile Data automatically has been removed in Lollipop and above. Unfortunately, without that API it's technically not possible. It is the same reason my data toggle widget no longer works properly anymore. It won't turn on/off data; it will bring me to the mobile data settings page. 

**edit** There have been some reports of tasking apps (Tasker, Automagic, etc) being able to turn on/off data on rooted phones. However, they also note it may not work on all devices**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MickManda

Welcome to the community!  Smiley 

Though using MMS does not deduct from your data bucket it does require you to have your data enabled to use it. Did you get a chance to check out the manufacturer’s website or user guide for the camera's settings? 

There may be ways available to optimize the resolution on your pictures. @TheCommunity, does anyone have suggestions for this phones camera?