cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Pad III 8.0 wifi 5G issues

Wilberry
I'm a contributor level 1

Received the Nougat update last night and now my LG Gpad 3 will only connect to 2.4 wifi. It was working fine on my Rogers 5G router, but since the Nougat update will only connect to 2.4. Has anyone run into this? I have looked online and done a few things like reset network settings, removed my 5G and 2.4 connections and added them back to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated

***Edited to add labels***

39 REPLIES 39

Wilberry

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try tonite.

softech
same issue with me. connect wifi 2.4 is good.. not 5hz. tried 2 different routers .. one dlink one asus.

honest.. didn't try remove password as this should not be a solutions... as it happened on different routers

Wilberry

Not that huge an issue, ran a speed test and get 36 Mpbs on 2.4 and about 50 Mpbs on my phone with 5G. Just irks me when things don't work as they should.

bmorris
I'm a participant level 2

I have the same issue.

Hey @bmorris

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with your tablet. Did you get a chance to try out any of the troubleshooting steps from this thread? 

bmorris

It is a proximity problem....it only connects when the tablet is near the router. This happened after the update to Android 7.

Hey @bmorris,

Thank you for the updated information! Did you get a chance to try resetting the network settings? 

Did you notice any improvements after giving this a try? 

Hello, All, I understand Bluetooth operates on 2.4 GHz spectrum, however, I'm wondering if anybody tried disabling Bluetooth and testing the 5G WiFi? And also your router may be set to use 80 MHz Channel Bandwidth for the 5 GHz WiFi network, you can try 40 MHz or 20 MHz to see if it makes any difference.  -iHelp2 Smiley

After @Wilberry posted his problem I turned on my G PAD did the update and my 5GHz is connecting and working fine.

Wilberry

Interesting, I tried a few other things I found online and while the Gpad will connect occassionally, it never maintains the connection. The 2.4 works fine and will do as its not my main device, but is annoying.

BTW LG told me to do a hard reset of the tablet, but from everything I have read online it doesn''t do anything.

Also forgot to mention I did some ADB commands to get my SD card to be recognized as internal storage, but doubt that's the cause. I ejected the SD card and did a reboot to test and same issue, 5G craps out and it connects to 2.4.

softech
Wilberry.. my SD card is just am external card and same issue...so.. that is not thr cause.

hard reboot is just normal regularly reply from any customer support...even it works.. i am not ready to do hard reboot and need to waste time re setup everything...

Wilberry
Agreed not worth the effort, for an occasionally used device, when 2.4 works well enough

Something else that you can try is forcing it on the network by setting the IP manually.

Go to your WiFi settings press and hold on your 5GHz SSID then modify network then show advanced options change IP settings from DHCP to Static and input your IP settings manually and see if it will connect.

softech
kapable- k , static ip doesn't work.. after all.. it wasn't failing at getting IP. it just attempt to connect to the network and chanel to disabled in less than a second..

really think this is a driver issue need to be fixed by LG or fido...

This update is from LG and not Fido, like I said mine worked fine before and after the update. Connection issues is not an uncommon problem for some people after the Android 7 update.

There is no one fix though alot of people got it working after doing a network reset while it did not work for others.

You can try doing a network reset reboot your modem and disconnect all other devices from connection tot he modem and try the tablet again if it still does not work I don't really know what to suggest other than a factory reset.

Wilberry
Thanks for replies

@Wilberry no problem, thats what the community is here for.

Quick question for you guys with this tablet if you are streaming or playing music does it stop playing your music after it goes to sleep?

Wilberry

Tried a quick test with poweramp playing a tune and put the screen timeout to 30 seconds, music kept playing. Put the screen back on and pressed the power button and music kept playing.

When i stream youtube to my nexus player the tablet screen never turns off.

@Wilberry Thanks for doing the test but let the music play for a while mine stops playing after like 10-15min and i'll have to wake the tablet and hit play to resume playing music.