cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Connecting to the Fido Network Operator

LittleTunes
I'm a participant level 1

I switched over to Fido this morning after hearing about their Black Friday deal for the $29.00/month plan. I received the SIM card and was told that the plan would start working on my phone after around 30 mins. I want to add that I have an unlocked phone and that I previously used another plan from the Rogers family so phone compatibility should not be an issue. 

A few hours later, there is neither text, nor call, nor data on my phone (and the plan carries all three). I have removed the SIM card from the tray and put it back into the phone several times, I have restarted my phone several times, and neither has worked. 

I have reset my network settings on my phone several times and that also has not worked. 

I am at the step where I would try to manually add in the network operator. I have an Android, and so I go to mobile networks, turn off the "select automatically" option and then I click "scan networks". I see the Fido option pop up and then when I click it, it just says "Unable to connect. Try again later." It has been a few hours of this message and I am wondering if this is a phone issue (but it was connecting to my previous SIM card and all of my travel SIMs just fine at the beginning of 2023), or if I need to do something else for it to connect to my Fido plan. 

Anyone else with the same issue have any luck?

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @LittleTunes and @anilk47,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry you both are having issues with getting your SIM cards connected. By the looks of it, it seems like they aren't activated. Or possibly your network would need a reset from our end, not simply from your phone's..

You're welcome to give us a call or send us a DM on Facebook or X and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

You can view all methods to reach us here

anilk47

same issues