cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone Price Jump?

Majinhoju
I'm a participant level 3

Am I going crazy or did the prices go up?  Not too long ago I thought I saw the iphone 5 (64GB) listed for $280 with a 3 year agreement.  Now I see the 32GB version listed for the same price.  Am I imaging things or did the prices just go up?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

$280 has been the regular price for 32GB iphone 5 for Canadian carriers since launch and the 64GB has been $380 (both contract prices). What you might have seen was a promo/sale price where it was $100 lower for a brief period of time.

Majinhoju

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Well that's unlucky for me, I didn't realize that it was a sale price.  I can renew my fido agreement now and get a new phone but I was waiting to build a few more fido dollars while I decided on a new phone. I might skip iphone this time around....

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
Good call! don't blindy go buying any phone at spot price! Do your research and find the best deals, even at Fido! Fido phone's contract prices flips up and down depending on the random month. Maybe next month it will go back down again and make your Fido dollars go even further.

I would also suggest try your luck at the Fido store or customer service first, since you are already a customer with Fido for awhile perhaps they can give you a discount on the iphone?