cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 outgoing mail server does not send email

jclark110
I'm a participant level 2

I have an iphone 6 and can receive mail but cannot send.  It puts a copy in my outbox.  The outgoing server setting is gprs.fido.ca and the port number is 25. Is there another setting I can use?

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

jclark110

No I don't use wifi at all, only cellular data.  I have tried to use my email provider's settings (shaw) but it will only send to other email addresses that also use shaw.ca and no others.  Thanks for the suggestion.

@jclark110 wrote:

No I don't use wifi at all, only cellular data.  I have tried to use my email provider's settings (shaw) but it will only send to other email addresses that also use shaw.ca and no others.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello Jclark110,

Have you tried to search the Shaw community forums? I found these pages which may be of use to you: here and here.

I hope that posting links to other forums doesn't go against any of the Fido community rules, but the information may helpful the OP.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hi jclark110!

The gprs.fido.ca gateway has been shut down as of June 29th. 

You should use your email provider's outgoing mail server instead.  Since it doesn't seem to be working, you could contact Shaw directly for help. You can also try a different email service instead.

Rarekitten01
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Thanks so much Megan. When I called into Fido, the person I talked to (while a very nice man) had zero clue about this which was a teeny bit frustrating. The email I was having issue with was a Telus one and it was sorted out in a fraction of the time that I was on the phone with Fido. So grateful I found this post.

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Wild guess: you're currently using WiFi? If you turn WiFi off (use cellular data), can you send?

Save yourself a lot of trouble and use your email provider's (Hotmail, GMail, whatevermail) settings. It will work everytime, whereas the Fido server will only work when using cellular data. Plus, it was flagged as a spamming server a few months ago - maybe that's changed, but recipient servers refused everything from those servers.