cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Service - Cancelled or Not?

isam2003
I'm a participant level 3

It took a 1.5 hour long call and a couple of agents to cancel my FIDO internet service. 

Whether or not I was successful in this endeavor will depend on an email notification relating to the cancellation that I understand may take anywhere upto 24 hours for me to receive.  It is only after the receipt of this email that the modem can be returned.   As of now,  I have not received the email so not sure if my cancellation went through.  Will update this post upon the expiry of 24 hours.  

2 REPLIES 2

isam2003

On Dec 1, 2022, I spent 1.5 hours on the phone to cancel my internet service.  After being passed from agent to agent when I refused a promotional offer (50% off)  to continue my service, I finally received verbal confirmation that my service was cancelled as of yesterday.   I was asked to return the modem after receipt of an e-cancellation email which i was informed could take upto 24 hours. 

As of this moment (> 24 hours later), I have not yet received this cancellation notification.  As such, I am unable to return the modem.   I checked my account online and it does not yet show a cancellation. 

I feel like I have been taken on a ride.  Today, I am on the phone yet again trying to connect with Fido customer service.  This will be my final attempt to try and resolve this issue with Fido directly before I exercise my other options.  I am not going to take  being held hostage lying down.  

Hey @isam2003 and welcome to the Community!

We're sorry to read about your experience. Please reach us out on our social media platforms here so we can check this out with you and make sure your account is closed with modem returned, thanks!