cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to check my text message online because I am outside Canada.

petermyfriend
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am traveling outside canada. I dont have international roaming plan. Can I check text message online? or forwarded to email?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey petermyfriend,

Welcome to the community! I hope you're enjoying your trip!

You can automatically send copies of your text messages to another wireless phone or an email address for safekeeping using Extreme Text Messaging however if you're roaming with your phone then charges would apply for the text message copies sent. Each text message sent while roaming would cost $0.75. You can access Extreme Text Messaging through the My Account app or by texting XTREME to 4716 to be sent a link to the set up page but data roaming charges would apply for the data used on a foreign network. 

Keep in mind that incoming texts are always free of charge so you can receive and check your texts directly on your phone without worrying about any charges. Charges would only apply if you were to send a text message. 

Hope this helps! Smiley

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Recieving text message is always free, even you are aboard. 

You can bring your phone with you to recieve sms, just remember to turn off data roaming to avoid unexpected data roaming charges.  

You don't nned to buy a roaming package, roaming service is enabled for all fido customers, unless you asked us to block any roaming service on purpose.