Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P30 pro emui 10 update

kkaio
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

According to fido website, emui 10 should be released on the 24th of november for all the Huawei p30 pro. When I go to my phone update section I dont have anything new. I'm still in version 9.1.0.141.

Is this normal? How can I get emui 10?

Regards

12 REPLIES 12

Shahzan
I'm a participant level 2

So it's Feb 3, 2020 yet there is still no sign of any upgrades. Does anyone know what's going on here. When can we actually expect the upgrade to become available? 

PB
I'm a contributor level 1

@Shahzan, did you try using HiSuite as I suggested?  My P30 picked up the EMUI 10 update this afternoon by using the desktop HiSuite instead of the phone's built-in check.

ravedave2
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

finally i just got it! had to check manually and the update showed up !

Hey @Shahzan! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I've moved your post to this thread, as it will have all the answers and updates you seek. Let us know if you haven't received your update after today.

Thanks!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kkaio,

Where did you see that information? According to the OS Upgrade Schedule, the most up-to-date OS is Android 9, which was available with the October SMR on November 24.

Huawei P30 Pro.jpg

As of November 22, 2019, Huawei Canada hadn't even confirmed anything regarding EMUI 10 (see here). The mobile providers won't be able to provide the updates until Huawei Canada releases them to the providers. You might consider contacting Huawei Canada to see if they can provide a timeline as to when they will release the update to the providers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Shahzan

As per the OS upgrade schedule the emui 10 is available starting Jan 14 but for some reason I still dont see it on my p30 pro. Any idea why? 

Hey @Shahzan

These kinds of updates are often released in batches. In this case they should be rolled out between January 14th and February 3rd. I would suggest keeping an eye out for an update notification coming your way soon! Smiley 

ShipJumper

I heard the exact same sort of definitive schedule while waiting for EMUI 9 for my P20 Pro. It was weeks past the so called rollout dates. Same thing now with EMUI 10 for the P30 Pro. Huawei canada tweeted we’d have it before the end of January yet here I sit waiting. Some users around the world had this update in November and it’s now February. 

SocksAreDumb

Still waiting for EMUI 10 on my P30 Pro. Holding out hope that I will receive it by tomorrow as it's the last day of their Jan 14 to Feb 3 deployment window. Feeling doubtful though. 

PB

What's most frustrating is that EMUI10 has been rolling out in other countries since November.  What is so special about Canada to require an extra 2+ months of "testing"?

Since nobody has mentioned receiving it yet, we can assume this release window wasn't a staged rollout, but a vague window of "we may perhaps start pushing it then, if the stars are aligned".

The fact this rollout window also overlapped with the Chinese New Year was probably poor planning, because it means no access to Huawei's dev team during part of that window.

So, I doubt we'll be seeing it today, unless they just needed the Chinese holiday to be over for someone to "flip the switch" on the rollout.

ravedave2
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

People on Bell and Kodoo seem to have gotten it 1-2 weeks ago already, so its not even about Canada... just Fido 

PB

I just tried checking using HiSuite on my desktop, and it`s now offering me 10.0.0.178 Smiley  Downloading.

So if your phone isn`t offering the update yet, connect it to your PC, and check using HiSuite instead.  I suspect that phone-based updates will be in a progressive rollout, but the desktop app will immediately offer it.

Glad I was wrong about it not appearing today - this must be a recent change, because last week HiSuite still wasn't offering it.