cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P30 Pro EMUI10.1 Update

canadianchrisg
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, I've been following the OS upgrade schedule posted on the FIDO website, it states EMUI10.1 was released already and now we are getting the June SMR update. My phone says it's on the latest software and it's only 10.0

Has the update been pushed via OTA yet or is it being bundled with the base EMUI10.1?

Even after factory resetting and downgrading my phone and upgrading the update still doesn't show.

Latest version available as of August 1st 2020 is 10.0.0.207 (C792E10R1P3)

5 REPLIES 5

canadianchrisg

Replying with the link to OS upgrade schedule - https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen 

Apologies for formatting, new to this community. Frequent on XDA-Developers more.

someone from Fido will reply : "updates roll out in stges so be patient" 

i went to XDA forums and have updated my phone via Hi Suite to 10.1 because Fido isn't actually pushing the update out it seems...

canadianchrisg

It seems like they may be behind by an update, provided I get another OTA before the 8th as I've finally gotten 10.1 however it's still May SMR so let's see if it catches up. 🤷‍♂(August 3rd)️

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

How exactly did you get 10.1? OTA? No one else seems to be getting it and it's not listed in the OS upgrade schedule whatsoever. Huawei doesn't seem to care much about their Canadian customers after the US ban. This is the same nonsense I incurred waiting months for emui 10 long after the rest of the world had been updated. 

canadianchrisg

I used Huawei Hisuite on my PC to downgrade my phone to 9.0 then I factory reset my device (within phone recovery and not PC) and after set up my phone found the OTA's (10.0 first then 10.1 and then the 10.1 SMR) inside system update.

If you want to avoid that there is something you can try first.

Open settings > apps > Software update > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data, Clear Cache then reboot your device.

If after resetting your device you do not see the update OTA then if you've got the option to backup; factory resetting with a downgrade may be your best bet. (making sure you do all of that within Huawei HiSuite)

Keep in mind that when you upgrade to 10.1 you'll no longer be able to backup to 9.0 it will be replaced with 10.0

I had typed out a waaaay bigger response but after I had to login I lost all of the text but felt the need to retype the gist of it all; if you need any pointers or anything feel free to respond here.