cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Nova cant find the WIFI signal of my company

Nclhu514
I'm a participant level 2

Hi , I got my Huaweinova yesterday. Today, when I try to connect my company wifi signal, Corprot_WIFI , how ever,it is not shwing on my list and I ask arround. All of  the iphone have no issue, but new Androi 7 seems hard to get the signal. Is it something wrong wth the wifi setting ? I am in the PLB building.

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Nclhu514!

I would recommend checking with your employer to see which channel they are using for their wifi as, like KAPABLE-K suggested, that could be the cause. 

Let us know!

Nclhu514

Ok I used S4 samsun before , it was fine , but seems Androi 7 os cant search the singnal.I will ask . Thank you

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Nclhu514 welcome to the community!

You work could be using the 5Ghz WiFi and the Nova Plus lacks 5GHz Wi-Fi capabilities and that could be the reason for your issues.

Nclhu514

So you mean Huawei cant combine the 5Ghz signal. But before I used S4 was totally fine.

@Nclhu514 wrote:

So you mean Huawei cant combine the 5Ghz signal. But before I used S4 was totally fine.

Hello Nclhu514,

Welcome to the community!

Which version of the S4 did you have? According to this website, the Canadian version (SGH-i337m) was capable of both 2.4GHz and 5GHz (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band).

On the other hand, according to the Huawei website, the Nova and Nova Plus are only capable of utilising the 2.4GHz band (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ at 2.4 GHz).

So, if your company's Wifi is indeed on the 5GHz band, you will unfortunately not be able to access it with the Huawei Nova or Nova Plus.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @Nclhu514

Any news?

Let us know, it could be helpful to others on the Community as well Smiley