cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to unlock my device

Tracy123
I'm a participant level 1

I have a lgg5 i went to unlock it and i was told i needed a code from fido that it is now free to unlock 

10 REPLIES 10

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

hi

before you unlock, backup ur mobile phone, apps, pics, music etc...

then recharge the mobile, get the code from Fido,

remove the sd card,

place the non Fido sim (Bell/virgin/Telus/koodo), into the lgg5,

it will mention to enter the network unlock code.

after reboot,

ur lgg5 should be able to read the non Fido sim

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

make sure you have the non rogers/fido/chatr sim card to place into the phone, remeber to recharge the phone in case of crashes. backup the phone before unlocking. remove sd card too. 

Nino1

Hi, i would like to unlock my iphone 5c that I have previously used with my XXX-XXX-XXXX fido number, my contract has expired with this phone and I want to unlock it, what do I need to do?

*** edited to remove personal information ***

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Nino1,

As mentioned in the solution, you can contact us directly through any of the available methods listed here, we'll be happy to help with the unlocking from there.

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

just call Fido to unlock the iphone, as Apple has to move your imei from one server to the unlock server. 

missingpiece28

How do i unlock my LG G6 phone

Hey @missingpiece28

Welcome to the Community!

It would be the same way as @KAPABLE-K said Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Tracy123,

Yes you need the unlock code to get the phone unlocked, just contact Fido from any of the available methods listed here and they will provide you with the code.

Cells4fido

RECENTLY LOST PHONE AND WE HAD IT LOCKED.  FOUND PHONE AND WANT TO KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK IT

Hello Cells4fido,

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear you've found your phone!

@Cells4fido wrote:

RECENTLY LOST PHONE AND WE HAD IT LOCKED.  ....

To clarify, did you report the device lost to Fido or did you use the lost device settings on your phone? Additionally, what make of phone do you have?

If you reported your device lost or stolen to Fido, I believe that would stop your Fido services and not necessarily lock the device. You should be able to reactivate your services via your My Account:

Lost phone.jpg

~taken from here.

If you requested they blacklist your phone's IMEI, you might need to contact customer service to remove the IMEI from that list. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

On the other hand, if you used your phones features to lock the device, unlocking it would depend on what type of device you have. For example, Apple uses their Lost Mode and have their procedure for unlocking a found device (see here). Android devices have a similar Find My Device functionality, though their unlock procedures might be slightly different (see here).

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers