cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone adding more than 2 phones

ieie50
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I would like to know if it is possible to use  all my  wireless home phones with Fido Home Phone Service. The info says only 2 can be connected to the adapter but with other companies they say if one of the 2 is a base station to a wireless group of phones he number is basically unlimited.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ieie50,

Welcome to the community!

The Home Phone base station would have only two phone ports to connect phone units to the base station. If your phones are corded (ie not wireless or cordless), then you would only be able to connect two phones to the base station. If your phones are cord-free, you would still only be able to connect two cordless units to the base station. However, some cordless units may have multiple handsets. If that is the case, you would be able to use all of the handsets connected to the cordless units. That said, I do think there would be a limit as to the number of handsets possible as the most cordless units limit the number of handsets. The most number of handsets I have come across for a single cordless unit is five. There may be some machines which can accommodate more handsets, but I don't think its capacity is unlimited.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers