cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Samsung GT-C3590 MMS Configuration

Rwings
I'm a participant level 2

Just bought a flip phone but couldn't retrieve mms messages like I use to when I had LGA133 (also flip).

I have no data plan but I was able to retrieve mms messages.  Here's the config page on the Samsung:

Set name

Home URL

Proxy

Address

Port

Linger time

DNS

DNS1

DNS2

Access name

User ID

Password

This is what fido told me to input:

APN: mms.fido.ca    -----------------> i put this in the Access Name
MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca    -----------> I put this in the Home URL
MMS Proxy: 205.151.11.13   -----------> i put this in the address
MMS Port: 80 ----------------->i put this in the Port

Data is enable, roaming is enable...Still no go, .can some expert help.  I don't see a MMSC, MMS, etc setting on this samsung.  It states "Service Unavailable" everytime I go to retrieve.  Regular SMS is working fine.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Rwings! 

Looks like you have the wrong APN set up there, and, that would definitely explain why your MMS are not going through. 

You will need to change the APN you have in your pone settings to Fido-core-appl1.apn rather than mms.fido.ca, as that is what goes under the MMSC only. 

You can find all our APN and MMS settings that you will need right here.

Could you give that a try and let us know if your MMS go through?

Rwings

Hi FidoAmanda, Thanks for your help much appreciated. I tried that too and it didn't work. Attached is an entire screenshot of the configuration screen. Not sure why these configs don't ask for MMC/ MMSC input, mind you this 2G phone was bought new from ebay from China they may have different regional configs than N.A. I Spent 2 days googling not sure what else, I still love Flip phone for their ease of use (call me Dinosaur :). Anyways any idea is much appreciated since I'm not getting all messages from family members. Also one last question, do I really need a Data plan for MMS? Weird I was getting all my MMS from my old LG-A133 without a Data plan.01.gif02.gif03.gif

Hey @Rwings

Thank you for sharing these screen captures. To start I just want to clarify that you can use MMS without data on your account.

What you cannot have is any kind of data restrictions set-up in the phone's settings.  MMS actually travels through a data connection it would important that you you haven't manually disabled data on the phone, otherwise it will not work.   

We also cannot guarantee full support of these services on Non Fido phones, but I would like to take a closer look at it to make sure there's nothing stopping it from there. 

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out together. Smiley